Riviste digitali e digitalizzate italiane (RIDI): a reconnaissance for the national newspaper library
- Digital libraries,
- Digital newspaper library,
- Open access serials,
- National Central Library of Rome
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Fabio D'Orsogna, Giulio Palanga
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The article presents a reflection born from a reconnaissance (named RIDI, Riviste digitali e digitalizzate italiane) launched in December 2019, on online open access journals and digitalization of previously printed publications, which are not always considered as unitary bibliographic elements. It highlights the increasingly urgent need to offer its users not only the physical heritage of the library but also the entire world of open-access digital publications available on the web. Starting from an overview of the state of the art of Italian open access periodicals, both digital natives and continuations or parallel editions of previously printed publications, it offers some examples of bibliographic records already present in the national OPAC of SBN (Italian union catalog), related to publications available with both printed and digital editions. It illustrates the main Italian and international digital libraries, highlighting the problems of coordinating the various initiatives to improve the quantitative and qualitative offer of products. The directory, from which a database integrated with the portal of the Digital Newspaper Library of the National Central Library of Rome will originate, will allow direct access to resources through multiple search fields. The prototype of a super-record of the Work will provide all the elements for the standardization of images, data, metadata, bibliographical histories of publications, to build the national digital newspaper library of the future.
- De Pasquale, Andrea. 2018. “Per un’emeroteca nazionale digitale.” Bibliothecae.it, 7 (2018), n. 2:348-370. DOI 10.6092/issn.2283-9364/8951
- Formenti, Carlo. Corriere della sera, 20 novembre 2000, 27.
- Guerrini, Mauro. 1999. “Catalogare le risorse elettroniche: lo standard ISBD(ER).” Biblioteche oggi, 17 (1999), n. 1: 62.
- IFLA. 1998. Functional requirements for bibliographic records. Final report. Munchen: K.G. Saur.
- Mangiaracina, Silvana, and Morroni Cristina. 2018. Quanto costa l’accesso alle pubblicazioni scientifiche nell’era dell’Open Access?: una prima analisi delle pubblicazioni nel CNR. Bologna: Biblioteca
- Area della ricerca di Bologna CNR. https://zenodo.org/record/1247497#.XoC-JKPOPkU